Monday, April 20, 2009

Combining Saturday and Sunday April 18 and 19 so I can catch up

Saturday.
I took Bubbles to a friend of mine that has a dog she's had since he was a puppy. She watched Bubbles and the kids for about an hour. Bubbles did great, whined for a bit, but not anywhere near what I thought she would. She even drank some water and layed down. I think I am pampering her too much. I need to give her more credit.
We had a setback, I brought Bubbles home and all was well. I decided to run to the store with my friend Yo, I left my husband in charge of Bubbles. When I got home Bubbles is standing on our sidewalk all alone. Bubbles wouldn't come in the house with them, she was waiting for me to come home. My husband can't get close enough to her to pick her up, and my children...no way. We haven't been using her leash because she seriously follows me like a shadow, but I had told my husband to take her out on leash. I am really tied to the house now. Hate the seperation anxiety this dog is going through because it makes my life real difficult. I need to get her to attach to the rest of the family, not just me.
Then tonight she does the cutest thing, I am outside for her final potty before bed and she starts circling and circling and I am all excited because she is going to poop (Oh good God help me), and she just plops down in the grass. Little doggie has finally decided to lay down in front of me in. Trying not to be frustrated and it helps when she does these funny things.
Sunday
Today was a good day. I think we have made some improvements. She is letting the kids pet her. I have to start the petting and the kids take over. I tell them to stop and Bubbles moves closer "like hey, why did you stop."
My mother came over and Bubbles and I were outside. She actually ran to greet my mom and then suddenly stopped as if her sanity finally caught up to her. Obviously mine is still nowhere to be found.
My husband decided that we had to go to Costco and eat samples for our anniversary lunch
( you've got to know my husband to understand this. Even the sample ladies say what a good provider he is.....????????) I tried to get Bubbles to go poop before leaving, but she wouldn't. I knew my time was very limited and boxed her in. It was the fastest Costco run ever. My husband likes to spend 2 hours there minimum eating snacks (Costco you rule!!!!) Got home and she had gotten out of the boxed in area and pooped. Damn!!!!!! and other bad words!!!! I have decided to sleep on the couch until she is totally potty trained, no accidents at night because she will wake me up with her head shaking. I tried crating her one night and it was bad, never again.
So this is the only way I can know that she goes potty. Cesar Milan would probably say I am crazy but I don't know what else to do for the nighttime potty. I can't even keep her in a bathroom because it is a large enough space she would probably still have an accident. I have to figure she was caged and still peed and slept in it, even if she didn't want to, she had to.
Bubbles may have growled at my daughter today, I'm not sure because it was real short and could have been one of those complaing grumbles dogs do. Will have to start watching for signs of aggression. A little worried.

No comments: