Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 15th continued

Bubbles an I are alone in the kitchen, and I'm working on something. She is just standing behind me, and I start to watch her. She just stands there, won't sit or lay down. As I watch her she starts to sway and nearly falls down. The poor thing is sleeping standing up!
(Sorry about the angle of the video, I am used to taking pictures with this camera, and forgot I cannot adjust the video on computer.)
I reach down and pick her up. I actually have to make her lay down on my lap to sleep.
Poor baby tucks her head into my arm and falls asleep in 2 seconds. She must be exhausted, she's had such an eventful few days, and if this is how she usually tried to sleep, so as not to lay in her own filth, she must have never had a decent rest. I feel so sad looking at this poor helpless creature that has been treated with so much disregard.
Doggie gets a short nap and onto the next event.
I had to take my daughter to piano lessons, so I took along Bubbles. I couldn't leave her alone. Also a great chance for her to meet people galore! My husband and I run a martial arts studio, so endless scores of adults and kids for her to see. I know this is not easy for her, but the sooner she socializes the better. Again lots of uneventful stuff. When she meets new people I hold her so they can pet her. She feels secure enough in my arms and I can feel when the shaking subsides.
After meeting people at the gym, Bubbles is going to meet the family that will be babysitting her next week Friday, when my daughter goes to piano competition.
She does really well with this, and actually attempts to play with me. Bubbles will allow my friends daughter to hold her.
Done at the friends house, home dinner and bed and onto the next day.

No comments: