Friday, January 2, 2009

news for dummies

This has been a harsh week. Starting on Sunday our power went out due to a wind storm. 60 mph winds will do that. Not just us but 240,000 others, so I was trying to cope and know others were having just as much of a hard time. But then I read this article in the Free Press or Detroit News (the same anyway) (Ha! I just let people know I live in Michigan) about this woman that had her power out for like 5 hours. She was talking about how horrible it was for her children and her that they had to lay under blankets and it just kept getting colder. We were out for 4 days! I wasn't interviewed! My interview may have gone something like this. "yeah, it was cold in the morning, but this woman that had her power out for 5 hours, she really understood the awfulness of it all. Instead of going to the library where they had power, or the mall, man, she just like rode it out. What a trooper."
Does the newspaper look for the stupidest people in the area and post only their interview? I think they do, because then they can have an article that they write themselves that states how to survive a power outage in the winter. Like going to the store all day, maybe renting a hotel room. Because we are obviously too stupid to come up with these ideas on our own. Then the newspaper can feel like someone's hero. So here is my winter survival tip if you ever run out of power in the winter "FOR ALL YOU STUPID PEOPLE stay the heck away from your house until power is restored." Print that newsman!

2 comments:

Molly Merula said...

I'd love to see that in print. Maybe I can kidnap the newspaper men and write the articles for them. Take THAT, Newspaper Man.

It keeps giving me real words for the verification box; the last one was 'graff'. Which may or may not be a real word. But I know it is the name of a character in a book that about fourteen people have read. Ha. Is 'perision' a word?

Molly Merula said...

Sorry for the double comment, but 'hetable' and 'sthera' are just too good to forget.