Saturday, May 16, 2009

Things are returning to normal, so should my blog.....although.....

I think I went through the equivalent of postpartum depression with a dog. I can't even think what that would be called????? Canine-induced depression? Anyway, she is beginning to act like a normal dog. We are now working on training. I am teaching her to stand, sit (she has that pretty well down) lay, go through an agility tunnel, and many more fun things. I just wish I could get her to play with a ball. She is still extremely skittish around people, but I try and take her to the park and just have her sit and watch people. She can lay down and sleep in this atmosphere, so that is a huge thing for her.
I found out our swan, Romeo (he came with our house. No really, he was part of the deal) attacked one of our kid neighbors last year. He did some really bad damage, and I'm sure the psychological damage is pretty bad. I need to find him a new home. I won't have animals that attack people. One of my roosters is on death row presently for attacking my daughter. He had an expensive lawyer, but it didn't help. The jury was totally out on this one. He was found guilty and sentenced to beheading. He even attacked the judge after the verdict was read!!!!!
Romeo should have a death sentence,
but since he is a trumpeter swan (there is a law on the books about killing swans, his lawyer made sure the court knew this, what a mess that case was) he got a stay of execution, I am hoping to find a place for him where he can be with others of his species, kind of a hospital for the violently aggressive. I'm just lucky he didn't get me sued, but my gosh, the people never came and informed me of my bird's violent tendencies towards others. I just thought he was like that to me, my daughter, my mother, the cats, the dog, my not-related grandmother next door, the geese, the deer, um.........gosh I mean I just didn't have any idea he was aggressive. There were no warning signs!!!!! Hey look, I don't need handcuffs, please don't cuff me, I'm busy typing. Hey!!!!! don't put those on me, I have constitutional rights darnittt!!!!! No, no, not the rope, I told you I didn't know anything......ahhhhh!!!!!!............Help!!!!!!!

2 comments:

C said...

Maybe you can lace his food with Thorazine. ^_^

Jeffrey Keehr said...

amy ... this is karen as in karen and jeff .. lol ... you need to write more often. there hasn't been a time that i have come to your blog and not laughed mao .. i need more of that in my life .. so you must write as you are great at it.